Monday, December 22, 2008

Pretty simple..

I'm going to ignore writing anything meaningful or strong in the post.

I recently viewed "The Diving Bell and The Butterfly," and i think it was not overexposed at all. within the first few minutes it was ridiculously easy to tell that you are indeed viewing something special, unique, and groundbreaking. It is an insane illustration of just what good cinematography and editing can do to saturate the viewer in a film. I was enthralled by the use of comedy, blurring techniques, and even vague views of the protagonist before he is finally revealed. The film leaves you disoriented, hopeful, and even brings laughter out of the deepest depths of your soul even through the bleakest moments. Throughout the movie i found myself wrapped in a large quilt and dealing with a nausea brought to me through the first person perspective and at sometimes felt the characters sheer amount of awkwardness pervade my skin. I recommend everyone watch it.

"A fly lands on my face. I wriggle my head to dislodge it. The fly sticks on tight. Olympic Wrestling has nothing on this."

In the comedy section i strongly recommend everyone should watch Hamlet 2, nowhere as funny as pineapple express but it certainly stands on it's own two feet, if only for some brilliant one liners and great actors.


Music for the night
Jonezetta's New Album.

indie rock at it's finest...

No comments: