Thursday, December 11, 2008

So sorry,


I do not understand how Bangkok Express found it impossible to concoct a vegan version of their pad thai. The only reason i could give is that it's possibly egg noodles, but i know beyond any semblance of doubt that they utilize rice noodles. I am left with only one solution, they are lazy.

After being fairly inebriated at tokyo bar last night, i woke up with my old pad thai urge to ease away the malicious throb in my noggin. I was disappointed by their inability to appease my desires and headed to work to pick up my check and then back to the organic grocery store to get a couple of bottles of non-alcoholic wine, whole wheat linguini, and a jar of tomato basil pasta sauce to mix with my veggie ground meat for a fairly simple yet satisfying dinner along with some honey garlic tofu. The proverbial "Bee's Knees" was my once a year indulgence in ice cream. the culprit, the fattener, was a delicious mint chocolate flavoured vegan ice cream. such bliss.

It's oddly comforting being known on my street by so many people and passerbys who wave as i chug along the slippery sidewalk with bags full of groceries and a head full of wonder. Being met with friendly gazes, warm eyes, and certain gestures definetly brings a sense of calm to my life.


happy slippery days everyone, i know my hangouts of late have been fun and my talks with random strangers have been more appetizing recently. i want to take it all in and spit it out. i'm getting so very detached from feelings, from feeling anything for longer than a brief instance in time. there is no pull and my dreams are becoming more opaque than colourful. i know the few interpersonal strong bonds i have are drawn over long distances and different events and the subtle ease at which it would be to pluck them even more so, one by one, so each string rings out and exits my life.

freedom is what i longed for, freedom is what i have.

song for the night...
gregory and the hawk - grey weather (no link)

oh.
ps.
one out of every four people have an undiagnosed psychotic disorder and sometimes we just think they are personality quirks. gravely mistaken.

3 comments:

CHRISTINA D said...

i'm that one in four...or maybe i'm not and this is just a way for me to excuse all my faults... yes, probably.

Camelia in the city said...

did the 1 out of 4 comment come from last night's convo about our rage black outs and mood swings?
Im definitely 1 out of 4, it's not an excuse for being crazy but I am crazy cuz like you said every 22 year old person you know is crazy.
I was so hung over this morning. I woke up at 3pm. puked a few times haha(by choice because of how shitty I felt)

I had a great time with you at tokyo btw...
I have a vague recollection of myself maybe hitting on you... im sorry bout that... it's my self defense mechanism when Im broken hearted :S

Melissa said...

that one out of four comment got me thinking. that is most definetly accurate. and i'm glad you remember me. lol :)